Wednesday, August 6, 2008

TAGGED!!! (Although...I don't think it was supposed to be this long.....)

20 yrs ago - I was 8 and enjoying the summer - probably between my 2ND and 3rd grade year(ish) I may have even been in Nacogdoches, as I spent several weeks during summer there with my Godmother when I was that age. How I miss those summers..... 10 yrs ago- WOW how 10 yrs can change things. I had just graduated from Klein High School, and gone on a trip to Cancun (courtesy of Brian's parents - THANK YOU...we had a BLAST!!!). Brian and I had been dating for almost 3 years....and Clayton had just turned 2. It was a rather trying time in my life. Clayton was a such a handful, and I had what would turn out to be the first of several miscarriages. Followed by the upcoming discovery that I was pregnant with Christopher (we found out in Nov) 5 yrs ago - We had already moved into our first home (the home we still live in). I had not too long ago graduated from Texas School of Business to be a Medical Assistant. I was working downtown for an reproductive endocrinologist (fertility) and LOVED it!!! Clayton was approx 7 and in 2ND gradeish and Christopher was 4. This also the time when Clayton got diagnosed with being Bipolar...it was one of the most difficult times of my life. We were struggling, but we were making it. I was also in the process of planning our wedding (11/15/03)!! That was fun, and it was absolutely PERFECT!!! 3 yrs ago - I had recently had (and was still going through) a year of medical HELL. I had my gallbladder removed, and then the 5 surgeries that accompanied it. I also would then (within weeks of the gallbladder ordeal) begin a series of 4 miscarriages, that included surgeries for those. They were all a different stages of pregnancy, and all affected me differently. I can talk about them with ease now, because I have a beautiful blond curly boy that I would not have been able to have otherwise. I found out I was pregnant with him a few months from this point (in Feb. 06). Clayton was 9 and in 4Th grade doing "okay" and Christopher was 6 and in 1st grade. I was working part time for a RE in Tomball (HFI) so the boys didn't have to go to daycare. 1 yr ago - A lot happened last year. Our world would be turned upside down as we know it....my Mom was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. It was again, one of the more difficult times in my life, and unfortunately, not much has changed. Not to mention that my "baby" (Clayton) was starting Junior High School. He has grown up so much so fast....At this point the 3rd (and final) boy had been welcomed into the McMahon household - Carter graced us with his presence in Oct of 06. I had a lot on my plate, but as so many times before...we got through it!! Yesterday - There was supposed to be a big bad tropical storm hitting directly through Glaveston, and while it did do that...it lacked any substance to entertain us with! Brian was able to work from home (in fear this TS would unleash the same floods it predecessor Tropical Storm Allison had done several years ago - the day we bought our house none the less). Unfortunately (I love storms), we got just a little rain....so little, that it doesn't deserve this much time in my blog...lol. SO....in short (hahaha) we sat around all day and I finished laundry. I made some kick-ass Mexican food for dinner....and went to bed!! Today - Haven't done anything today....except play on the computer!! I did make the kids some nachos with the leftovers from dinner last night - the kids now think I should try out for a spot on "Hell's Kitchen" - they are SO easy to please....I wouldn't make it an hour in Chef Ramsey's kitchen!! And now, I'm debating on what I'm gonna make for dinner.....hhmmmmm... Tomorrow - Hilarie and I are going to take her van in for some repairs. While it's getting worked on we're (or at least I am) going to do some clothes shopping for the boys back to school stuff. Nothing like spending the day with a hundred kids (boys none the less), shopping....with your "BFF" lol....it should be a fun day!! :) - Not to mention....I can now do all of this...because I'VE finished Breaking Dawn - the best book EVER written!!

No comments: