Reading Yahoo! News this morning I read this story. It disturbs me to NO end!! These girls in High School who WANT to get pregnant, have NO idea what they are getting themselves into! Although I wouldn't change the past, had I known then what I know now I can GUARANTEE you I wouldn't have had a child in High School. Besides what I gave up to raise Clayton my Junior and Senior year....I just wasn't ready. I feel pretty confident I was more mature than most, and I think I did a pretty good job. But I look at the kind of parent I've been with Carter, and there is NO comparison. I don't love Carter any more that I did Clayton or Christopher....I'm just older, more mature, etc. I have no doubt that having had 2 kids already helped, but nonetheless....I didn't WANT to get pregnant then. These girls have a long road ahead of them, and more than they will suffer, their babies will.
Here is the actual clipping from the picture:
A sign carved in stone stands outside Gloucester High School where school officials say a teenage pregnancy pact between female students occurred during this past school year in Gloucester, Mass., Friday afternoon, June 20, 2008. The pact made by a group of teens to get pregnant and raise their babies together is at least partly behind a sudden spike in pregnancies, according to official sources. Gloucester schools are currently on summer break.(AP Photo/Stephan Savoia)



No comments:
Post a Comment